$185 - houseoffraser.co.uk
$31 - fashionpony.co.uk
$315 - bloomingdales.com
Here’s some products I was loving during the month of April!
1. Lush Mint Julips lip scrub – Yes, I know I could DIY something just as effective using olive oil and sugar, but would it taste like mint chocolate chip? No. This does, and it leaves my lips smooth and flake free, so I think it’s worth the ten bucks. Sorry hippies.
2. Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Corrector – I use this before applying concealer and it works wonders on my under eye circles. It’s swirled with Olay moisturizer, so it goes on smoothly and doesn’t crease. This is currently 50% off at Walgreens (which I think means it’s being discontinued SOB), so I’m planning on stocking up.
3. Bath and Body Works Market Peach Candle – This really doesn’t have anything to do with beauty, but it makes my house smell fantastic! I used to be a Yankee Candle gal, but these seem to be much stronger and they go on sale all the time. BTW, who decided to change the promotion from 2 for $20 to 2 for $22? Not me.
4. Maybelline Color Whisper – This product seems to be Maybelline’s answer to Revlon’s Lip Butters (which I’m also a fan of). I’ve been loving the shades Lust for Blush and Mocha Muse. Super wearable for everyday, no liner or gloss needed.
5. Clarisonic Mia 2 – After months of consideration, I finally broke down and invested in a Clarisonic. I’ve been using it all month, and while I haven’t noticed insanely drastic results, my skin is definitely smoother and clearer. I’m hoping with continued use I’ll see an improvement in the visibility of my craters, oops I mean pores.
6. Tresemme Liquid Gold Shine Therapy – This is a conditioning treatment that’s light enough to use several times a week. It’s cheap and shiny and leaves my hair noticeably softer. I’m a fan, and will definitely repurchase once I’m out.
7. Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara – I have eyelash issues. They are short, straight, and stubby, and like to clump immediately upon contact with mascara. This product actually does what it claims (shocking!) and I’m able to apply several coats without my lashes sticking together in protest.
8. theBalm Nude Tude Palette – I have several items from theBalm, and I haven’t paid full price for any of them. They are always on Haute Look, or offering 50% discounts on their site. Their eye shadows are such great quality – super creamy, pigmented, and blendable. I own Urban Decay’s Naked 1 palette and convinced myself that this was different enough to purchase. I love this set of colors; it’s great for both natural and dramatic looks.
I love food. I love free. When the words “free” and “food” are in the same sentence, there’s no stopping me. So when I was given the opportunity to try these new veggie chips from Green Giant, I was ECSTATIC. I didn’t think twice before accepting the challenge! And man…am I glad that I did! These are delicious.
There are two flavors that I was given to test out: Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt, and Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar.
(I’ll give you a second or two to wipe the drool off of your keyboard…)
The Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt are the perfect crunchy snack. They have a light, crispy crunch, and are perfectly adorned with just the right amount of sea salt. The taste is similar to Sun Chips, but with that hint of sweet potato, which makes it much more delectable.
The Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar I will describe in one word: ADDICTING. These are soooo delicious. They are tortilla chips with a nice, hearty crunch. I can taste the veggies in each bite, specifically the bell peppers. The cheese flavor is out of this world. I would say that I would prefer it to Doritos, and that’s saying a LOT. These chips are exploding with flavor. I will definitely be buying more of these.
All in all, I am very pleased with these products. They are crunchy, healthy, satisfying and delicious. Now go out and get yourself a bag! (or 2, or 5..)
If you already follow us on Facebook (and if you don’t, get on it!), you might have seen we are doing another giveaway! It’s been awhile since our last giveaway, so we thought we’d put together a goodie bag full of some of our favorite products perfect for spring time. Here’s what you could win:
- Wet n’ Wild Petal Pusher palette – You’ve heard us both rave about this beauty!
- Deluxe sample of Benefit High Beam – Gorgeous liquid highlighter
- Deluxe sample of Estee Lauder Sumptuous Volume mascara
- Deluxe sample of Philosophy’s 3-in-1 body wash/shampoo/bubble bath in their signature Amazing Grace scent
- Viva la Juicy perfume sample – a modern classic!
To enter, make sure you “like” our page on Facebook and then share the giveaway photo we posted. Feel free to leave us a comment with your current fave product as well, we love hearing from you! A winner will be chosen at random on Friday. Good luck!!
Maybe I just wasn’t paying attention before, but it seems like drugstore brands have really stepped up their game lately, especially in the eyeshadow category. These are my top choices for eyeshadows that go on smooth and show up vividly, without breaking the bank!
Tiffany mentioned these in a previous post, and I have to agree. The pigmentation and blendability of these shadows is really nice, and I love that they come in palettes. Makes me feel all fancy. The 8 pan palettes seem to feature only shimmery colors, but I snagged a completely matte palette that was limited edition at Christmas time that I absolutely LOVE. It’s been released several times with different names, so perhaps there is hope for it to reappear. In my area, I can only find Wet n’ Wild at Kmart and Walmart, but I think it is more widely available in other places. The price on these can’t be beat ($5 for 8 colors? Yes and amen), and they are perfect for experimenting with new colors without sacrificing on quality. My favorite: I think this was called Drinking a Glass of Shine. I’m no marketing expert, but I’m pretty sure that name is misleading since this palette is complete matte. I use the neutral side of this every single day!
These shadows have a really unique texture – very creamy, similar to a pressed pigment. They come in a nice variety of colors, most of which are pretty shimmery. I’ve found the best way to apply these is with my fingers, followed up with a brush to blend the edges. The packaging is unique as well, they come in individual pots, each with a damper type tool to keep the product in place. Makeupgeek did an entire video comparing these to Armani eyeshadows. Since I am nowhere near fancy enough to even go in a store that sells Armani, I can’t comment on their similarity. However the video stated they are pretty dang close. My favorite: Amber Rush, a beautiful rose gold color.
I love these cream eyeshadows on their own, or to use as a base. When used under powder shadows, they help the color appear even more vibrant and stay all day. This line originally featured mostly vivid brights, but they have since released more neutral shades that are perfect for everyday looks. My favorite: Inked in Pink from the rumored-to-become-permanent metals collection.
Next on my list to try: Maybelline Eye Studio
I’ve never tried any of these before (perhaps because the Wet n’ Wild price is so good!), but one of my favorite beauty bloggers/Youtube gurus Emily Noel has done several tutorials with these palettes that turned out great. She recently wrote a blog about her favorites (see it here), and now they are on the top of my list!
Am I missing any? Let me know your favorite drugstore eyeshadows!
Well, another month has come and gone. February went by lightning fast. The good news is that I have gathered together some of my February favorites to share with you!
1. The Balm Big Mama palette (mainly the Bahama Mama bronzer)
I found this palette at TJ MAXX! They had 2 of them, and of course I grabbed them both. It comes with the Bahama Mama Bronzer, Hot Mama Blush/Shadow, and Sexy Mama Face Powder. The bronzer has been my go-to product for contouring. It is extremely pigmented and a little goes a LONG WAY. This blush has a cult following, and you hear people raving about it all the time. It really does live up to the hype. The sad news is that I don’t think they make this palette anymore! The good news is that you can pick up any of these 3 products individually from www.thebalm.com.
2. Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Perfect Black
This is the CREAMIEST eyeliner. It is so smooth, pigmented and long-lasting, it’s hard to go back to anything else after using it.
3. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Face Primer
This is, hands down, my all time favorite face primer. It makes your skin/makeup look so smooth and flawless, and it lasts all day. I’m almost out of this! I cannot be without it. Must buy more.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo
This is another favorite of mine, month after month. They always have these for a great price at TJ Maxx.
5. OleHenrikson Truth Crème™ Advanced Hydration
I received a deluxe sample size of this product and I love it. I have combination/dry skin, and this has been a perfect match for me. It is really hydrating, and it smell like orange clove!
6. Tarte LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint in Exposed
This lasts ALL DAY LONG. This has been my go-to lip product that I wear during full work days. It lasts through breakfast, coffee, lunch, etc. When I get home after a long 8 hour work day at work, it is still on. It is also a nice neutral color so it goes with pretty much anything. I use it with a lip liner to give my lips extra definition and lasting power.
7. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed
This is the most beautiful blush. This color would be universally flattering on any skin tone. It is a warm, rosy neutral that goes with pretty much any makeup look. And yes, this does live up to its claim. I wore this to the zoo (and I did sweat) last weekend and it was still on at midnight when I went to take my makeup off.
8. Tarte MultiplEYE™ Clinically-Proven Natural Lash Enhancing Primer
I received a sample size of this and I am really loving the results. I noticed the very first time I used it that my lashes looked fuller after I finished applying it and my mascara. I will probably buy the full size when I run out.
Hope you all had a great February! Let us know if you had any favorites!